- Follow CATS ON FILM on WordPress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- RT @AnneBillson: THE HALF MAN "Hateful Eight on acid... Pacy, gory, surprising and strangely original" "Entertaining and brilliantly off t… 5 hours ago
- RT @AnneBillson: CATS ON FILM "Five Paws (or Purrs)... may well be Anne Billson's Moggnum Opuss" "Purrr-fectly Done" "If you love cats and… 5 hours ago
- RT @whatmeworry: This arrived. Who could resist that blurb?! https://t.co/YTLQV1o2vl 7 hours ago
- RT @whatmeworry: Also, Venus went to the vets today. She wasn’t impressed. https://t.co/awi71jLg6F 7 hours ago
There are more CATS ON FILM than you might think. Their narrative functions are many and varied and, if I may say so, much more interesting than the narrative functions filled by dogs.
In this blog I intend to explore these functions, as well as make more general observations about cats and the way they are depicted in the movies. Also, it’s a good excuse to post lots of screen-grabs of cats looking cute, inscrutable, menacing, pissed-off or just plain indifferent. Because I like looking at pictures of cats.