- Follow CATS ON FILM on WordPress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- RT @Andr6wMale: @AnneBillson @i_am_mill_i_am @Danazawa @kingarooski @BacklistedPod Wings Of The Dove, The Heiress, and The Innocents or the… 24 minutes ago
- RT @nicholasroyle: https://t.co/CTbl4jlXjc 44 minutes ago
- RT @PastPostcard: I've lost count of who I have written to but you'll all be seeing my cards won't you? https://t.co/MyRgSXgot5 1 hour ago
- RT @PamHutch: We're talking pure sauce on the internet tomorrow night. Well, my career took an unexpected turn … twitter.com/christinalefou… 1 hour ago
There are more CATS ON FILM than you might think. Their narrative functions are many and varied and, if I may say so, much more interesting than the narrative functions filled by dogs.
In this blog I intend to explore these functions, as well as make more general observations about cats and the way they are depicted in the movies. Also, it’s a good excuse to post lots of screen-grabs of cats looking cute, inscrutable, menacing, pissed-off or just plain indifferent. Because I like looking at pictures of cats.