- Follow CATS ON FILM on WordPress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- RT @PastPostcard: An immense avalanche cut the cables & we are without light, heat and many essentials. A helicopter dropped bread yesterda… 54 minutes ago
- I can't overstate how life-changing it was to encounter this book in the 1970s. There had quite simply been nothing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 55 minutes ago
- Dreamt of a film festival. Met Alan Rickman on a narrow ledge & he showed me his personalised launderette with air-… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @Mulboyne: This is the opening scene of the new Netflix film "Earthquake Bird". https://t.co/SGNummWGFB 5 hours ago
There are more CATS ON FILM than you might think. Their narrative functions are many and varied and, if I may say so, much more interesting than the narrative functions filled by dogs.
In this blog I intend to explore these functions, as well as make more general observations about cats and the way they are depicted in the movies. Also, it’s a good excuse to post lots of screen-grabs of cats looking cute, inscrutable, menacing, pissed-off or just plain indifferent. Because I like looking at pictures of cats.