- Follow CATS ON FILM on WordPress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- ICYMI: window-swap.com is the loveliest thing I've seen today. Especially soothing for those of us without… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 52 minutes ago
- RT @AnneBillson: SUCKERS "Deadpan humour, Lynchian weirdness and lots of gore" "an absolute joy to read and one of the very best examples o… 1 hour ago
- RT @AnneBillson: BILLSON FILM DATABASE "The wittiest & funniest film reviews I've ever read" "Essential reading. Has very quickly become my… 1 hour ago
- RT @Allison_Burnett: Since when doesn't he wear a mask and gloves? tmz.com/2020/07/10/oj-… 1 hour ago
There are more CATS ON FILM than you might think. Their narrative functions are many and varied and, if I may say so, much more interesting than the narrative functions filled by dogs.
In this blog I intend to explore these functions, as well as make more general observations about cats and the way they are depicted in the movies. Also, it’s a good excuse to post lots of screen-grabs of cats looking cute, inscrutable, menacing, pissed-off or just plain indifferent. Because I like looking at pictures of cats.