- Follow CATS ON FILM on WordPress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- RT @magistrabeck: Everyone's favorite love story continues. The contractor and the golden retriever. https://t.co/o0LsSmOfY8 5 hours ago
- RT @PastPostcard: In Harlech Bakery they have a machine that makes doughnuts while you watch. https://t.co/IdOxfUBfTY 5 hours ago
- RT @LukeHearfield: What’s a non-English speaking performance from 2022 you would love to see get a nomination at next years Oscars? Mine:… 5 hours ago
- RT @SpectrumAsie: Le retour du maître en Haute définition ne vous laissera pas indemne. Fin novembre. https://t.co/e6XzmpyLmP 5 hours ago
There are more CATS ON FILM than you might think. Their narrative functions are many and varied and, if I may say so, much more interesting than the narrative functions filled by dogs.
In this blog I intend to explore these functions, as well as make more general observations about cats and the way they are depicted in the movies. Also, it’s a good excuse to post lots of screen-grabs of cats looking cute, inscrutable, menacing, pissed-off or just plain indifferent. Because I like looking at pictures of cats.